Well, it’s been a bit of a hectic week, but over the past few days I’ve managed to get an okay ammount of 3D Illustration done. I modelled and have started texturing one of the house designs I had, just need to make a couple more and we’re sorted… sort of. The pictures shown below.
Also got the windows done, a nifty wee garage, and a door, though the textures a little brutal at present, but I’ll fix it, no worries. A problem I have come across though is that for lighting I was sort of depending on this thing called ‘Mental Ray’, which sounds like a super power, but, disappointingly, is a method of rendering, it creates some really nice lighting effects but apparantly the educational versions have trouble handling it. Thanks Autodesk. Just one more thing to figure out..
On a sidenote I recently did some logo work for a friend of a friend, did it for free… yeah, ah well, and not heard back from them yet, which is also annoying. But ah well, this is what I sent him.
He wanted the logo to be two filmstrips, which I did for the first concept, but that felt slightly clumsy in that the films strips themselves would have to be very thin for this… visually it tends to look better with one, or so I though at least.
On another side note I’ve spent today writing a new song for my band. It’s going to take a while, but it’s sounding decent so far, so watch this space.
Listening to: The Summer Before – The Appleseed Cast